While my first attempts at using the paint were not successful at achieving the result I wanted, they had shown me a lot about the contrast paints. The previous attempt had shown me that the contrast paints are very rich in color and would probably work best if applied in two or three thin coats. They also showed me that I needed to probably transfer my paints into easier to use containers before I started using them regularly.

Having really liked the color Gryph-Charger Grey, I decided to go ahead and use it for this second attempt. Except this time I was going to not just glop it on, I was going to do it in two, maybe three thinner coats.

This is not a great picture, but I am still trying to get the hang of this photo thing again. Anyways, it atleast shows that it is a thinner coat of the Gryph-Charger Grey. I did this in three coats to get a model that looked pretty good.

I liked the idea of the dark pink, almost purple tabard, but I wanted to try and tone it down a bit from my earlier attempts, so I painted it with Magos Purple.

This was not bad at all, and I think I will use it for a second squad of 20 or 30, but for my initial squad, it was not the color I was looking for with the tabard.

I painted it with a thinned coat of Volupus Pink, but it immediately darkened it to the previous color. I am thinking I might have needed to thin it more. I wanted to see what Talassar Blue looked like, so I painted the leg swirl/bark swirl that color, it is dark and thick, and I needed to thin it. Looking at it, I really didn’t like that much blue on the model.

Honestly, the model didn’t look terrible. It is just not what I was expecting out of the model or the paints. I had seen someone blend the two paints together, so for my next bright idea, I tried to blend a more lively looking green into the top branches. Gryph-Charger grey does have a green tint to it, so I thought this would be fine.

While it didn’t look terrible, it really was not the color I was going for with my Sylvaneth army. I like the shading it does, but it looks to ethereal for my tastes. So, I decided to drybrush it with a brighter green color like Gauss Blaster Green.

Okay, this is really not what I was aiming for at all. However, I do like the way drybrushing worked over the Gryph-Charger Grey, I just need to find either a more neutral grey-green or a flat looking grey. I am thinking a flat looking grey as it will leave some of the green undertones shining through the model via the recessed areas.

Okay, that had not worked out like I planned at all. In fact, it was making me think seriously about the time and money I had spent on Contrast paints. However, looking through my pictures, I realized it was saving me several steps that I normally take with base coats and washes and drybrushing. I just needed to find the right tones and colors to work with, but I had an idea on that, I was pretty sure was going to work out…possibly.

Well, that is all for this post. I have taxed my ability to focus on one single topic to its limit for today. Before I start to ramble and return to my regularly scheduled chaotically disorganized ways, I will thank you for stopping by and giving my blog a read. Until the next one, Utterly Unfocused signing out.